Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Benefits of Having a Good Massage


I was a bit stress out since the previous week, I need a massage to de-stress and to relax my tense muscles.


It was a good thing though that my father's massage session with his therapist ended late, I was able to catch the therapist at home and she obliged to extend her stay and accomodate another massage session with me.


The back massage really feels great. I almost find myself dozing off to sleep while she was massaging me.


Here are some of the health benefits of a good massage:

1. It boost the immune system. According to studies, massage lowers down the stress hormone called cortisol. This hormone kills cells that are important in developing our immunity. A massage lowers the stress level in our body and lowers our cortisol with this action from the body it wouldn't be easy for us to catch a cold and other illnesses.


2. It is good for our blood pressure. This is because a massage stimulates the pressure receptors that direct action from the vagus nerves. The vagus nerve regulates the body's blood pressure.


3. It improves blood circulation. The pressure from the massage brings a fresh supply of blood to muscles congested with lactic acid. The flushing of the lactic acid from the muscles also improves the circulation of lymph fluids that carries wastes away from the muscles and other internal organs.


4. It relaxes tense muscles.


5. It encourages relaxation.


With all these wonderful benefits one can get from a massage why not schedule a massage for you today.




3.

2 comments:

  1. I sure would love to have a back massage, but I can't right now, too busy! Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy.
    maybe I can came to your place and massage me for free. Hehehehe.... Its been a long time since I get a free massage.

    Great article.
    It will be helpful if you can provide a pictures.

    ReplyDelete